Dr. Eliana Cohen Psychology Corp. is a private psychology practice located at 1 King St. West in the core of the Financial District in Toronto, Canada. Our practice excels at customizing treatments to individual patients using an evidenced-based model of therapy. We use a wide range of treatment modalities and therapeutic techniques, but specifically shape interventions to the needs of the patient.
It is worth noting that all services are usually covered by private health care plans. In the case of couples therapy, the plans of both partners can be combined. Significant symptom relief can often be achieved with short-term therapy and psycho-educational interventions that can be delivered within one to three sessions. We work collaboratively with primary care physicians and are able to assist in dealing with disability claims and return to work plans.
We believe that we excel in our line of business, and we can help you excel because:
- We play to your strengths: Individuals usually seek help when faced with critical life transitions or stressful events. We believe that working with the right tools, we can increase your emotional toughness, resilience, and well-being. Our focus is to empower you, help you to problem solve, and get in touch with your inner strength.
- We help you gain access to a wide range of scientific evidence and knowledge: The field of psychology is constantly evolving with new research that helps us understand areas such as depression, anxiety, and human motivation. We base our therapy on evidence-based, scientifically tested models, and share this specialized knowledge with our clients.
- We developed a system that addresses all of your needs, including:
- Consultations should feel like a dialogue: We provide a lot of feedback and new information during each session.
- You need us to be solution focused and we are: Our solution-focused therapy is results oriented. We are focused on helping you reach your goals as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- You can get past any symptoms, but more importantly, our process builds your emotional intelligence, resilience, and confidence: Every crisis and/or challenge is an opportunity to learn about yourself and to learn how to get stronger and excel at attaining your goals.
Eliana Cohen will provide you with a brief phone consultation, which is completely confidential. This consultation involves a discussion about your needs, as well as answering any questions regarding the types of issues that we are qualified to treat. If your case is not appropriate for our practice, we will give you a recommendation to another practitioner or clinic that may be able to help you.
Following the consultation, we will book your first appointment. There is no commitment to ongoing therapy. The frequency of meetings and the number of sessions is a joint decision between the client and the therapist and can always be changed depending on whether or not your goals are being met. Generally, people may choose to have either weekly sessions or sessions every two weeks. However, we do give you the option to attend sessions once a month.
Usually, one or two sessions are enough for you to start feeling some relief and some clarity. We give you a lot of feedback, which helps you achieve a clearer sense of direction on how to start moving past or through your difficulties. Additionally, the fact that you will have allowed yourself to talk about your issues with a professional will provide some immediate relief and renewed hope.